Monday, July 23, 2007

VBS

Last week from Sunday evening through Thursday evening, we had Vacation Bible School at our church. Jason did not volunteer this year, since it is really hard for him to get off work, drive home, and get back to church each night for a week. We started with dinner each night at 5:45 and then VBS started at 6:15. It was at one of these meals that Julian lost his teeth - just a minute or two before his class was leaving to go to the opening assembly.




This was Julian's favorite tattoo, which he asked me to take a picture of so he would always remember Game Day Central (our theme for this year).






I did crafts again this year, which I have found I actually really enjoy doing. We were planning for about 60 kids this year, and ended up having over 100! This is a wonderful problem to have, but nonetheless, we had to do some last minute running around to make sure everyone had something to do. We also did a T shirt (painting). It was chaotic, and I decided at the end of the night that we would definitely not be doing another T-shirt next year, although now that there has been some space between then and now, I might think about it for next year because the kids LOVED it. Julian has asked me each day to wear the shirt he painted, and I know most of the other kids probably feel the same way.





We had "commencement" on Friday evening. I am always moved to see children so excited to share what they have learned about Jesus. They were shouting at the top of their lungs: "Run, run, run the race! Keep, keep, keep the pace! Run the race, Keep the pace, keep your eyes on JESUS!" It brought tears to my eyes, and must have made God even happier to see these babes shouting praises to Him!







No comments: