Monday, December 17, 2007

I did it....

Well, I finally did it. I went this morning and turned in my application for spring semester at our local community college. Unfortunately, I went late enough that I missed early registration and will have to go back after their Christmas break to speak to my advisor (weird - I have an advisor!).

I was relieved to find that my college credits will transfer (what little I have). I was concerned because it has been let's see - 12 years since my last class and I did not pass a few of my classes while in college....the admissions counselor I spoke with said I actually did better than I thought I had after looking at my transcript. I do have several classes that I will get credit for, and I won't have to take remedial math! It's nice to know that those 3 semesters at State were not completely wasted, as I thought they were...

Now after registration and financial aid applications, the hard part comes - I will start part time, taking my first math class to see how this is all going to work. I plan to take it first so I can really devote as much time as I will need to it - before I have classes to juggle around...math is really not a strength of mine!

It's exciting but a little scary to start over at 30 - not what I expected when I was 18 and going to college for the first time. This is going to take some adjustment of schedules for our family, but I think we can do it.

1 comment:

Randy said...

I know you can do it Robyn! How exciting, and how brave too. I'm sure it will be tough for the family to adjust, but y'all have adjusted well to other changes in the past and you will to this one too. Absolutely thrilled for y'all.