It's funny that all of the predicted snow events this winter have either completely missed us or didn't end up the way they were predicted (getting much less snow). But last night we got "thunder snow" which was not predicted at all and was a wonderful surprise! Finally there was enough to play in - we got almost 3 inches of snow. The kids got to sled and make snow angels and even got to play with Jada, who we have not seen at our house since the summer. The snow was not the right kind to make snowmen, but we still had a lot of fun, and as tradition says we must, we ended with hot chocolate.
I'm not sure Lucy remembers past snows - she doesn't seem to know what to make of it. I am so thankful it came on a Thursday when I do not have any classes, so I didn't have to decide whether to skip class to play with my kids in the snow or be responsible and go to class. And I'm thankful Jason was able to stay home for a little bit to play before going to work. Now I'm excited to let the sun do its work and melt it, so we can all have safe travel tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment